On 01 July 2021, the Government released Resolution 68/NQ-CP (“Resolution 68”) introducing some policies to support employees and employers in difficulty due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This Resolution has the following main note-worthy policies:
- Reduction of compulsory contribution rate to occupational accidents and diseases fund (currently 0.5% contributed by the employer)
- Deferral of compulsory contributions to the retirement and survivorship fund (currently 14% contributed by the employer and 8% contributed by the employee)
- Policy to support training and job maintenance for employees
- Policy to support employees who are suspended labour contracts and/or take unpaid leave
- Policy to support employees who are suspended from employment
- Policy to support employees terminating labour contracts
- Policy to additional support and children
- Policy on granting meal allowance of VND 80,000/person/day
- Policy on granting one-time support of VND 3,710,000/person
- Policy to support business households
- Policy for loan for payment of employment suspension and production recovery
- Policy for employees working without labour contract (self-employed) or other cases
Download the full documents in below.
We do trust the above points are notable and sufficient, but should you have any questions or need a deeper discussion on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For regulation changes and tax matters, we can provide you with assistance on:
- Registration, declaration of Personal Income Tax, Corporate Tax, VAT and Foreign Contractor Tax.
- Tax refunds assistance and representation.
- Consultancy on utilizing opportunities provided by transfer pricing.
- Customs advisory: Compliance & reporting; FTA and C/O; Harmonised System code classification and valuation; Inventory control; International trade arrangement; and Others.