On 11/03/2021, the Prime Minister approved the promulgation of Decree no. 18/2021/ND-CP amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree no. 134/2016/ND-CP guiding the implementation of the Law on Import & Export taxes.
The new Decree takes effect from 25/04/2021, with notable articles are as follows:
- Provide detailed guidance on the import/export duty rate applying to indirect import/export transactions (on-spot import/export)
- Provide detailed guidance on the basis for applying duty exemption under toll-manufacturing model (processing for export)
- Supplement regulation on allowing duty-exemption in case of import material/supply to serve for export-manufacturing business, but part of the manufacturing process was outsourced by 3rd party vendor using duty-free imported material/supply.
- Provide guidance on the basis of duty exemption in case of indirect export/import under export-manufacturing model.
- Supplement guidance on the basis for applying duty exemption in case of imported goods forming fixed assets of incentivised projects.
- Supplement guidance on Customs checking, Customs supervision and Customs tax treatment to EPEs (Export-processing enterprises), including guidance on tax treatment for the period when the non-tariff policies has not yet been approved for the EPE.
- Amend and supplement the requirements on reporting and checking the use of duty-free import imported under Master list;
- Amend and supplement the provision on cases of re-exporting imported goods subjecting to duty refund.
We do trust the above points are notable and sufficient, but should you have any questions or need a deeper discussion on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.
[ENG] Mazars in Vietnam_Customs alert_Decree 18 amending of Decree 134 guiding the Law on Import & Export taxes
[VIE] Mazars in Vietnam_Tin hải quan_Nghị định 18 sửa đổi bổ sung một số điều của Nghị định 134 CP hướng dẫn Luật thuế Xuất Nhập khẩu