On 19 April 2021, the Government released Decree 52/2021/ND-CP on extending the deadline of Value Added Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Personal Income Tax and land rental fee payment in 2021 for enterprises, business households and individuals.
According to Decree 52, there are several notable highlights as below:
1. Subject of application
- Taxpayers doing business in the manufacturing industries as follow: agriculture, forestry and aquaculture; Food production and processing; textile; apparel manufacturing; leather and allied product manufacturing; manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except for furniture; manufacture of articles of cork, straw and plaiting materials; manufacture of paper and paper products; manufacture of rubber and plastics products; manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products; manufacture of basic metals; machining; treatment and coating of metals; manufacture of electronic products, computer and optical products; manufacture of automobiles and other motor vehicle; manufacture of furniture; construction; publishing activities; motion picture, television program production, music recording and publishing; exploitation of crude oil and natural gas (except for the exploitation of crude oil, condensate, natural gas collected under agreements or contracts); beverage manufacturing; printing and reproduction of recorded media; manufacture of coke and refined petroleum products; manufacture of chemical and chemical products; manufacture of products from prefabricated metal (except for machinery and equipment); motorbike and motorcycle manufacturing; repair, maintenance, and installation of machines and equipment; drainage and wastewater treatment.
- Tax payers doing business in the industries of transportation and storage; accommodation and catering services; education and training; health services and social support services; real estate activities; labour service and employment activities; travel agency, tour operator and support services related to advertising and organizing tours; art, entertainment and creation; libraries, archives, museum, and other cultural activities; sport, recreation; cinema; broadcasting activities; computer programming, consultancy services and other activities related to computers; information service activities; support activities for mining.
- Taxpayers involving in manufacture of products which are in the list of prioritised supporting industries; manufacture of key mechanical products;
- Small and micro enterprises (“SMEs”) are determined in accordance with the Law on SMEs support 04/2017/QH14 and Decree 39/2018/ND-CP dated 11 March 2018 of the Government; and
- Credit institutions and branches of foreign banks which provide supports to their customers in accordance with the instruction of State Bank of Vietnam during the COVID-19 epidemic.
Details of tax and land rental fee payment deadline
The deadline for tax and land rental fee payment shall be extended as below:
- The deadline for payment of VAT (except for VAT at import stage) in 2021 shall be extended for the period from 03-05 month as following table:
- The deadline for provisional CIT of Quarter I and II/2021 shall be extended to 3 months from the statutory deadline.
- The deadline for settling VAT and PIT obligations of individuals or household businesses for 2021 shall be no later than 31 December 2021; and
- The deadline for settling land rental fee obligation in the first period of 2021 for the taxpayers that are directly leased land by the State in the form of annual land rental settlement shall be extended for 6 months from 31 May 2021.
- Taxpayers must submit the application with provided form enclosed in this Decree to their direct managing tax authorities once for all types of tax and land rental together with the tax declarations, or separately submitted such form no later than 30 July 2021;
- To be eligible for the extension, taxpayers must fulfil tax and land rental fee payment obligations whose deadlines were already extended under Decree 41/2020/ND-CP and any corresponding late payment interest before 30 July 2021.
- The tax authority will only respond in case the taxpayers do not qualify for the mentioned extension of tax and land rental fee payment.
We do trust the above points are notable and sufficient, but should you have any questions or need a deeper discussion on this issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.
[ENG] Mazars in Vietnam_Tax alert_Decree 52 on extended deadline for tax payment in 2021
[VIE] Mazars Vietnam_Tin Thuế_Nghị định 52 về việc gia hạn thời hạn nộp thuế GTGT, thuế TNDN, thuế TNCN và tiền thuê đất trong năm 2021