We would like to bring you notable customs updates for May 2021 with the following highlights influencing the corporate operations activities:
I. Customs duty and procedure
- New tariff under UKVFTA for the period 2021 – 2022
- Allowing anti-dumping tax refund in case exclusion is granted after the tax has already been paid
- Import duty refund is not allowed if the temporarily-imported goods are not recorded in accounting books
- Releasing goods of violating importers for preservation during the waiting time of specialized management check result
- Mandatory radioactive testing for imports being iron and steel scrap
- Some guidelines on imported building materials
II. HS code and Goods origin
- Denial of HS code advance ruling if any difference between the granted ruling and the actual goods
- Guidance on “Minimal operations and processes” in determining the origin of goods
III. Registration and use of duty-free list
- Some guidance on the registration and application of the duty-free list (“Master list”)
- No duty exemption for goods imported as replacement of duty-free goods imported to form fixed asset of incentivized projects
IV. Contract manufacturing / toll manufacturing for export models, and business activities of export-processing enterprises (EPE)
- New guidance on the trading activity of EPE
- No limitation in forwarding the product of a toll manufacturing contract
- Clarification on tax treatment in case of disposing scraps from export-manufacturing business
For regulation changes and tax matters, we can provide you with assistance on:
- Registration, declaration of Personal Income Tax, Corporate Tax, VAT and Foreign Contractor Tax.
- Tax refunds assistance and representation.
- Consultancy on utilizing opportunities provided by transfer pricing.
- Customs Advisory: Compliance & Reporting; FTA and C/O; Harmonised System code classification and valuation; Inventory control; International trade arrangement; and Others.
Subscribe to our newsletter here